What is adverb?--It is a word that explain the characteristic or give you more details about "verbs" such as quickly, usually and fast etc.
- John quickly walk to me (adverb quickly explain about how John walk.)
Must know about adverbs
- Don't be confused. It is similar to adjective but it's different! (explain noun and explain verb.)
- Most adverbs are in the form of adjective + ly such as quickly, slowly and really etc.
- Some adjectives need to change its form before putting ly such as angrily.
- However, some words (very few) have the same form for adjective and adverb such as fast.
- Adjective -- That was a fast running.
- Adverb -- John run so fast (Don't use fastly. It's totally wrong!!)
Ready to test yourself ? Try our English Grammar Quiz
Back to English Grammar
Noun | Verb | Adjective | Adverb | Tense
Back to the top | Back to English Grammar
HOME | English Jokes | English Article | English History | English Idiom | Dictionary
English Conversation | English Grammar | English Game | English Quiz